The Chairman of the North Central Peoples’ Forum, Chief Gabriel Yakubu Aduku says the Forum was not formed to compete with the Arewa Consultative Forum or any other socio- cultural and non-political Organizations.
Rather, he said, is a micro platform of partnership to address the needs and challenges which are peculiar and micro to the North Central Zone.
Chief Aduku made the clarification on Sunday during a courtesy visit to the Chairman, Arewa Consultative Forum, Chief Audu Ogbeh in Abuja to formally introduce the Forum and acquaint him with what it stands for.
He requested for Chief Ogbe’s understanding and cooperation adding that their’s “is a micro of the macro ACF”.
While reminding the ACF Chairman that there is greater force and joy when two or more groups pursue and achieve goals together, Chief Aduku was also of the opinion that the power of unity of purpose is momentous.
He spoke of the desire of the North Central Peoples’ Forum for equitable and fair political and developmental engagement with the National Authority and other Zones of the federation, in the distribution of the national commonwealth of Opportunities and resources.
Chief Aduku drew the attention of the ACF to the unabating challenges of insecurity all over the nation in addition to various agitations against CAMA amendment and opposition to the pending Water Resources Bill.
He said the North Central Peoples Forum wants the ACF to intervene dispassionately and advise the Federal Government, indicating that his Forum was also planning to do same.
Responding, Chief Ogbeh who welcomed the formation of the North Central People’s Forum promised the ACF’s readiness to work together for the overall Interest of their people.
Chief Ogbeh announced plans by ACF to come up with a program, and promised to involve the newly formed body as part of the collaborative efforts.
Chief Aduku’s Address:
AN ADDRESS DELIVERED BY THE CHAIRMAN, NORTH CENTRAL PEOPLES’ FORUM, ARC CHIEF GABRIEL YAKUBU ADUKU, TO THE CHAIRMAN, AREWA CONSULTATIVE FORUM (ACF), CHIEF AUDU OGBEH, ON THE OCCASION OF A COURTESY VISIT, THIS 27th DAY OF SEPTEMBER, 2020, IN ABUJA.
May I, on behalf of members of my entourage thank you, most sincerely for finding time to accommodate this visit, inspite of shortness of notice and the tightness of your ever crowded schedule. I am not taking this for granted. Thank you so much indeed.
1. This visit is regarded as very imperative for two main reasons:
A)To formally intimate and familiarise you with the fundamental objectives for which the Forum was inaugurated on 9th September, 2020; and
B) to court your partnership and that of the ACF for the collaborative development of our Forum and Peoples of the North Central Zone.
2. As part of their desire for equitable and fair political and developmental engagement with the National Authority and other zones of the Federation in the distribution of our national commonwealth of opportunities and resources, the North Central Peoples Forum was formed by the Zone and for the Zone. Its birth is not in competition with the ACF, or any other Socio-cultural and non-political group, rather as a micro platform of partnership to address the matters, needs and challenges which are peculiar and micro to the Zone; in the process of which, we shall draw national and global attention to our huge intellectual, human, natural and material resources, which abound within the zone.
This is aimed at achieving quick response to the age – long yearning of our people for justice, equity and fairness in terms of industrialization, infrastructure development and various and diverse opportunities for self actualisation.
3. It is thus, in the above respects that we are requesting for your understanding and cooperation, since ours is a micro of the macro Arewa Consultative Forum. There is greater force and joy when two or more groups pursue and achieve goals together. The power of unity of purpose and efforts is momentous.
It is therefore my singular honour and privilege to formally introduce the Forum to you and the ACF.
4. Lastly, it is important to draw attention of the ACF to the unabating challenges of insecurity all over the nation, in addition to various agitations against the CAMA Amendment, and the growing opposition to the pending Water Bill. We urge that these issues be dispassionately interrogated, with the aim of advising our National Government. Our Forum plans to do same.
My speech at inauguration of our Forum, as well as a special letter are hereby presented to you for records.
5. Once again, thank you for your kind attention.
Arc Chief Gabriel Yakubu Aduku, OON, Amana Ogohi 1, Atta-Igala